What Information Do We Collect?
In general, you can visit the Site without identifying who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Information collected online can generally be categorized as anonymous or personally identifiable. Anonymous information is information that cannot be connected to the identity of a specific individual. Personally identifiable information is information that specifically identifies a particular user, such as name, address, e-mail address or phone number. An example of anonymous information is the fact that, while this Site may record the number of visits to a particular page that occur in a given period of time, it does not necessarily tell us the names or other identifying information of every visitor. Many users of this Site will choose not to provide any personally identifiable information; therefore, those individuals are anonymous to us, and any data collected about their use of this Site is anonymous information. Personally identifying information will be collected when you choose to follow us or connect with us via social media, in accordance with the privacy policies of those social media sites (Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram). If you choose to make a purchase on this Site, we will collect information such as the items you purchase, payment method and payment information (such as debit or credit card number and information), billing and shipping address, and contact information (such as for receipts or order updates). If you choose to make an account on this Site, we will collect your profile and account information, which may include contact, purchase, and preference information as well as your account password, information about wish list items, items in your online shopping cart or saved for future purchase, product review information and other information about your profile or account.
Automatic Anonymous Information
When you visit our site, we collect certain technical and routing information about your computer. For example, we log environmental variables such as browser type, operating system and CPU speed, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your originating Internet Service Provider, to try to bring you the best possible service. We also record search requests and results to try to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of our search engine. We use your IP address to track your use of the site, including pages visited and the time spent on each page. We collect this information and use it to measure the use of this Site and to improve its content and performance. All of the information that is automatically submitted to us by your browser is considered anonymous information. To the extent we share such information with third parties, it is not traceable to any particular user and will not be used to contact you.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information.
How Do We Use Information We Collect?
We collect personally identifiable information for the following reasons:
- Provide products and services you request (such as when you sign up to receive our email newsletters);
- Respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support;
- Offer you products and services, or direct you to portions of this Site or other websites, that we believe may interest you;
- To serve advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities, from us or third parties;
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, contests, and other offers or promotions;
- Carry out, evaluate, and improve our business (which may include developing new features for the Site; analyzing and enhancing the user experience on the Site;
- To assess the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising; and managing our communications); and
- Perform data analytics regarding usage of the Site (including market and customer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal data).
- When you submit personally identifiable information to us, you understand that you are agreeing to allow us to access, store, and use that information for those purposes. We will not sell or give any personally identifiable information to any third parties.
Links from the Site to Other Sites
On this Site we may provide links to other websites that are controlled by third parties. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which you should review. We are not responsible for the content, usage terms, privacy policies of websites that we do not own or control.
If at any time you do not wish to receive offers and e-mails from us, please tell us. You may remove your name from our mailing list by sending us an e-mail addressed to and indicating in the subject line “No Offers or E-mail.”
Your California Privacy Rights
California law entitles residents to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Unless you request us to or consent to us doing so, we do not sell any personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If you have any questions about our practices, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary, and only authorized individuals have access to the personally identifiable information provided by our users. We do not, however, guarantee that unauthorized, inadvertent disclosure will never occur.
Information for Users Outside the United States
Transfer of Customer Information
Customer lists and information are properly considered assets of a business. Accordingly, if we merge with another entity or if we sell our assets to another entity, our customer lists and information, including personally identifiable information you have provided us, would be included among the assets that would be transferred.
To help us maintain the Site and create quality content we accept advertisements on our Site. The Site maintains a distinct separation between advertising and editorial content.
- All advertising or sponsored content on the Site is clearly and unambiguously distinguished from editorial content through borders or other distinguishing elements and/or identified as an “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored” or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
- All “native” ads or paid content are identified as an “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored” or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
- Editorial content on the Site is not influenced by advertisements unless the content is sponsored content, in which case, the content will be clearly demarcated and/or identified with the title “Ad,” “Advertisement,” or “Sponsored”, or a similar designation, indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of an advertiser or sponsor.
Ecommerce and Affiliate Links Disclosure
We may receive compensation for participation in third-party affiliate marketing programs, including purchases made through links to our e-commerce partners, if any. All pages on the Site containing affiliate marketing links, including product reviews, are clearly demarcated and/or identified with a disclaimer.